Request For Quote- Ongoing project, aluminum parts needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

JINMENG PRECISION
Could u pls be so kind to send the drawings making our best offer to you?
Diana
International sales
WUXI JINMENG PRECISION MACHINERY CO., LTD
15# Nan Feng Yi Lu, Xinhua Road, New District, Wuxi, P.R. China 214112
Tel: 86 510 85731862x8008 Fax: 86 510 85730429 MP: 86 13814283882
www.jm-precision.com diana@jm-precision.com

rchacich

I just wanted to thank you to everyone who quoted the aluminum gantry plates. I have recieved over 20 bids which I will review and order the parts in the next couple of days. Please don't send any new bids as I have received many more than I had expected. I believe I have found a new source for my machined components.
Best Regards,
Ron Chacich

rchacich

I would again like to thank everyone for their quotes. The job for the gantry plates and other parts for my cnc gantries has been awarded to a machine shop through this RFQ. A PO has been issued and the work is in process.

Best Regards,
Ron Chacich

rchacich

It was amazing to see the range of bids for this part. The lowest bid was just above $18 and the highest bid was just below $100. I hate to see everyone waste time quoting out parts without the possibility of receiving work. I suggest that in the future, a target price could be used. For instance, I could have only accepted bids of $25 per part or less. I would have still received a half dozen bids and shops would know if it was worth while to quote or not.
In this instance, I ordered the part on this RFQ along with other parts that make up the assemblies that I sell. I only submitted 1 part for RFQ because I didn't want to waste people's time quoting multiple parts.
Thanks again to everyone who participated. I will be looking to RFQ Work in the future for my prototype and production work.

Best Regards,
Ron Chacich

KTD1

Thanks

Thanks for the info. It helps to know where we ($42.00) placed in the stack.

For those feeling frustrated, I share your pain but now, it was not a waste of your time. As I learn what other shops are quoting, I can adjust or simply pass on quoting them. Unfortunately, no quoting is likely where I will go with most of RFQWork requests. There is a lot of what I consider hobby or basement shops quoting here. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure many do good quality work. I can’t compete with them on small quantity and simple parts but, they can’t consistently supply what I can. Vendors and Buyers need to be a sustainable match. Finding the right match, that’s the challenge.

There was a bid of $18 or so. Didn’t hear him say he took it. If he did, I don’t see it as a sustainable relationship. Sooner or later, the material lying around is used up or the vendor gets tired of working hard for only a few dollars. Maybe the vendor will build junk parts. Now the buyer is in the hot seat. Either way, it’s not sustainable and will not last.

machineguy

Hi Ron I submitted a bid on the gantry plate assy. you posted a few days ago,it looks like I was on the high end maybe the highest. My point is that the number could have been quite a bit less if I would have known that there were other parts that were being awarded at the same time and also some insight as to the quantities needed each week etc. You may have recieved a much better deal on this as a package.

Thanks Tom

Dualkit

Thanks for the info. It helps to know where we ($42.00) placed in the stack.

For those feeling frustrated, I share your pain but now, it was not a waste of your time. As I learn what other shops are quoting, I can adjust or simply pass on quoting them. Unfortunately, no quoting is likely where I will go with most of RFQWork requests. There is a lot of what I consider hobby or basement shops quoting here. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure many do good quality work. I can’t compete with them on small quantity and simple parts but, they can’t consistently supply what I can. Vendors and Buyers need to be a sustainable match. Finding the right match, that’s the challenge.

There was a bid of $18 or so. Didn’t hear him say he took it. If he did, I don’t see it as a sustainable relationship. Sooner or later, the material lying around is used up or the vendor gets tired of working hard for only a few dollars. Maybe the vendor will build junk parts. Now the buyer is in the hot seat. Either way, it’s not sustainable and will not last.

The material will not "dry up". I have an advantage when buying 6061. I burn through quite a bit of 2-3" round so I just combine when I need other 6061
shapes and get a nice discount. The material is also domestic, not Chinese!
Depending on a persons location they might pay up to $6 a pound for small 6061 quantities,
I am paying much less. Also for the record, I have a free standing 1200 sq ft shop on my own property, with another 1,000 sq ft shipping, storage and office space from converting a metal barn. Quality is very important to me,
even on a low misquote, I will not ship "junk".

Status
Not open for further replies.