Small Job Quote Needed Parts for a high school project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjtttggg

Hi,

I'm looking for somebody to machine some parts for a high school service project. We're building a solar powered water purifier for use in a third world country where water is available but not fit to drink.

Need them pretty quick, and as cheap as I can get them (since we have no budget). In my dream world, somebody out there is looking for practice or a training project or something and might donate the time and just charge me for the materials (you'd get credit in our project report, of course :))? Short of that fantasy, I'm looking for the best price I can get.

There are are four parts, and a total of 8 pieces (2x, 4x, 1x, 1x). Three would be milled, one turned. All are aluminum. Prints attached. (if I did it right...)

If it would make it cheaper to leave the threaded holes untapped, please quote it that way and I can have the kids do the tapping.

I will plan to keep this request open until the end of this week, and will give at least 24 hours notice if I close it before then.

Thanks,
J

Attachments

• PVHS Project Part&#11.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 81

jjjtttggg

Sorry, I miscounted the total pieces. . . It is 9, not 8... 2 Valve Bodies, 2 Spools, 4 End caps, 1 Detent Block . . . 4 parts, 9 pieces.

J

jjjtttggg

Sorry CaptainDL,

I'll get it cleared right away. It's still full of responses to a job I did a couple of years ago...

jjjtttggg

Thanks for those who have submitted or are submitting quotes

Thanks to those of you have submitted quotes or are submitting quotes. I've already sent this revised set of prints all but one of you. I'm posting it here for that one bidder because I can't seem to attach it to a PM.

If anybody else is still looking at this thread and considering providing a quote, feel free, but please let me know ASAP as I want to give the job to somebody in the next few days. The attached is the current version of the request.

Note: the turned part has been removed. It is all millwork now. Quantities are listed in the lower right corner of each drawing. Material is aluminum for all.

Thanks,
Jeff

Attachments

• PVHS Project Part&#11.pdf
    93.2 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.