Request for quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les George

Knifemaker
I don't know that it gets much simpler than this, go easy on me though I am no machinist! Basically it's a stainless steel bushing...

The part I need is:

.1875 OD
.125 ID
.225 length

I need them made out of 440C stainless, if you do heat treating I need them heat treated as well. If not, I can send them to my normal heat treater.

I can provide materials if needed, but I would have to order them too.

Quantity would depend on cost, I'd guess 200-500 ish... Once I have an idea how much it's gonna cost, I'll know how many I want.

Thanks ahead of time

Les
Les@georgeknives.com
www.georgeknives.com

Dualkit

How about some tolerances, please. What type of surface finish? ( roughness )
440c is not easy to get a decent finish on and is hard on tooling. A different material may save you a few bucks, any other options?

Les George

Knifemaker
No specific finish requirements, visually smooth looking is fine

ID tolerances is the only critical one, length +/- .010

I need to be able to heat treat them and get an RC of about 56-57, hence the 440c. I guess it doesnt need to be 440c as long as I get the Rc I need.

Clear as mud? Let me know, thanks!

Dualkit

No specific finish requirements, visually smooth looking is fine

ID tolerances is the only critical one, length +/- .010

I need to be able to heat treat them and get an RC of about 56-57, hence the 440c. I guess it doesnt need to be 440c as long as I get the Rc I need.

Clear as mud? Let me know, thanks!

And that tolerance is?

dhunter1220

Do you know the tolerance on the O.D. and what size corner breaks chamfer or radius and what kind of finish on the I.D. is a drilled ok at long as it is to size.

Les George

Knifemaker
I am guessing that these would be made, by buying the .1875 rod, then cutting the ID then cutting to length, or something along those lines?

If so the OD size and finish of the rod are gonna be just fine, provided it doesn't get grrred up on the way.

no need to break the corners or debur, I will have to cut these to length for each knife so I will take care of that on a case by case as I go.

IMS

Les,

We can make these parts for $4.00 each @ 200 pcs or $3.90 each at 500 pcs and these prices include 440 C material, labor, and delivery but you would be responsible for the heat treat. Please advise and thank you.

Bryan Trice
Innovative Machining Services
22 Sarah Circle , Suite F
Camden, DE 19934
302-697-7626 phone
302-697-7693 fax

I don't know that it gets much simpler than this, go easy on me though I am no machinist! Basically it's a stainless steel bushing...

The part I need is:

.1875 OD
.125 ID
.225 length

I need them made out of 440C stainless, if you do heat treating I need them heat treated as well. If not, I can send them to my normal heat treater.

I can provide materials if needed, but I would have to order them too.

Quantity would depend on cost, I'd guess 200-500 ish... Once I have an idea how much it's gonna cost, I'll know how many I want.

Thanks ahead of time

Les
Les@georgeknives.com
www.georgeknives.com

Les George

Knifemaker
Thank you all for your replies and efforts, I have chosen and contacted the sucker-I mean winner! :)

Thanks again, this site is GREAT!

If anyone needs knives ground let me know! ;)

chris

A.E.C.S., Inc.
I wonder if the person that was awarded this job saw the customers last comment? If it were me, I sure wouldn't feel very good about getting this job. And if the person that did get this job is still a member of this "GREAT site" how did they make out? Were they a "sucker" for doing it?

Les George

Knifemaker
I wonder if the person that was awarded this job saw the customers last comment? If it were me, I sure wouldn't feel very good about getting this job. And if the person that did get this job is still a member of this "GREAT site" how did they make out? Were they a "sucker" for doing it?

Yeah, he saw the comment, I talked to him on the phone before and after. That's the problem with you only knowing half the story, it's easy to take offense at something that is none of your business... I could be all screwed up though, it's happened before.:eek:

As far as the useful part of your post, (even if it is once again none of your concern) I am VERY pleased with the work that was done for me! I have nothing but good things to say about all the responses that I received both via PM and e mail.

As far as I am concerned this IS a great site and if I should need more stuff in the future, I will be back to ask again.

Don't take things so seriously man, it aint that big a deal! :cool::D

kwmkoester

Do you have a sense of humor?!

He was just making a joke. Do you have a sense of humor? Lighten up.

Status
Not open for further replies.