RFQ - Aluminum Milling > RFQ CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

Hello, recently ran across this site looking for info on some local machinists, and figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm looking for a quote on two parts. Drawings are attached in pdf format. Solid models and other file formats are available upon request. Will entertain quotes only from American or Canadian shops, as I'm not interested in sending my business overseas.

Material: Aluminum 6061-T6, supplied by you

Please quote qty: 1, 10, 20 of each part. If possible, include shipping to 45424

RFQ End date: 28 Feb
Not hard-up for time, as these components are part of an ongoing project, but would like the parts within 30 days after the job is awarded.

Also, any suggestions on how the parts could be modified to improve cost-effectiveness would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Rob Bailey, Owner
Axiom Autosports Engineering

Attachments

• AX-0215 - Brace - Central Bar.pdf
    83.1 KB · Views: 212
  • AX-0214 - Brace - Base Plate.pdf
    108.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Axiom

Small update to Part# 0214: A few individuals have asked me about corner joined by two sides at 154deg. The part can tolerate a radius of 0.250 there. My apologies for not including that in the drawings.

-Rob

lstool

Rob,
Part # 0214 the drawing calls for 2 per assy. do you need quotes on 1, 10 & 20 pair or just 1, 10 & 20 pieces as stated in your request

SteelCutter

I will quote this on Monday.
Thank you for keeping this Job in the USA ( even though you are considering Canada ), it is good to see that Buyers are doing their share to keep the US Economy strong!

SteelCutter

Axiom

Rob,
Part # 0214 the drawing calls for 2 per assy. do you need quotes on 1, 10 & 20 pair or just 1, 10 & 20 pieces as stated in your request

Yeah, sorry, I guess I accidentally left an internal note on there.

Please quote individual pieces (not pairs)

Thanks!
-Rob

Axiom

I will quote this on Monday.
Thank you for keeping this Job in the USA ( even though you are considering Canada ), it is good to see that Buyers are doing their share to keep the US Economy strong!

SteelCutter

As a small time business in the automotive performance arena, I know what it means to loose business to overseas competitors. I'll do whatever I can to support US businesses. (Part of my family is Canadian, so I feel somewhat obligated to support them as well ;) ).

Looking forward to your quote!

-Rob

SteelCutter

your reply

Axiom, I've dealt with Canadian Buyers and I honestly welcome their RFQs as well as them quoting our jobs, My experience has been that they always quote similar to us, China on the other hand, well, lets just say that when a Country pays $0.35 to $0.50 / hr for labor it is just impossible to compete with them!

versa1

Versatile Industries Quote

Good Afternoon Sir,

I represent Versatile Industries in Columbia Falls MT.

Please consider this quote for your work. All jobs shipped from our shop will be accompanied with final inspection reports.

Dwg. # AX-0215 (BRACE- CENTRAL BAR)

1 PC.- 179.50

10 PCS.-109.65 EA.

20 PCS.- 91.75 EA.

Dwg. # AX-0214 (BRACE- BASE PLATE)

1 PC.- 76.60

10 PCS.- 47.48 EA.

20 PCS.- 43.38 EA.

Thank You for the opportunity,

Darrel Hunt
Versatile Industries
Columbia Falls MT 59912

P 406-892-7444
F 406-892-7446

Axiom

Thank you all for the quotes so far.

A few people have left messages on my voicemail, and I think I have returned all of those. If I screwed up and missed you, then my sincerest apologies. I'm still sifting through PM's and e-mails with quotes, so please be patient if you haven't heard back from me yet.

Couple people have inquired about a fax number. Unfortunately, we do not have a fax line. Please send all written quotes to Private Message or directly to my e-mail at:
machseven@woh.rr.com

Thanks again!
-Rob

Axiom

Thank you to all of those that sent in quotes! The RFQ end-date has passed, and I will no longer be accepting new quotes for these items. Unfortunately, we have not yet had an opportunity to choose a supplier for this, as we've gotten extremely backlogged with a few other items. We're hoping to get the chance to look over the quotes and make a decision sometime next week.

Thanks again!

-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.