RFQ for machined part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris611

Hello. This is my first post on this board. I am looking to have a piece machined for some gauge mounts. I am attaching a .pdf file. However I can send other file formats including the model. It was modeled using SW2005. If there is any other additional information, please feel free to contact me. This will just be a one time part as far as I know. Please include shipping in your quote.

Material: Low or Medium carbon steel. I have A572 GD50/A36 listed, but in reality it can be SIW (sinks in water). This is not a structural piece. Al could be used, but figured cost would be too high.

The material will need to be included in the quote

Quanity: 1 pc

I would like to have the part in 2-3 weeks.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

UPDATE: After reading some of the responses to this thread, I have made some changes to make it easier to machine and also changed the material to 6061. The new attachment is Rev B. Just wanted to keep the thread current.

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• 310020001.pdf
    68 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

cook

D & D Precision Machining
I hate to say this but this part is not going to be cheap and it's not because of the material, reason is only 1 pcs. any other material besides alum. will cost you more as well. Alum. is easier to machine. Good luck.

Chris611

Am I understanding you right, that Al would be cheaper to machine than steel? Why is that? Is it the speed at which it can be machined vs the extra cost of the material? Any help would be appreciated. Are there details on the part that make it hard to machine? I can try and address some of those issue if it would help.

Thanks
Chris

caldude

Al vs. Steel

Using Aluminum will speed the milling process and be easier on tools. Because it's only one part, cost of material is negligable when compared to the labor involved. You may want to simplify the design to save money on the labor. Good luck.

cook

D & D Precision Machining
What caldude said, The part it's self is pretty straight forward, where the cost comes in is it's only one part and it would have to fixtured to machine the 15 deg angle. This angel has to addressed from two sides. This part has 6 sides to be machined. I would say you are looking at about 2 hrs. setup min. Time to machine a fixture or some other way to address the 15 deg angle. Just to throw a number at you around $250.00 for your one pcs. somebody might do it for less and some for more. I'm just trying to give you a rough idea. Hope this helped

Last edited:

mikey_d

A small change...

I think you could allow some (quite big in fact) radius in the sharp corners on the back of the part. That would leave out the second operation at 15 degrees.

DareBee

If the walls of the can that protrude the back were vertical it would save some time.
I would still be $500 Cdn

Rally

The Drawing shows the material to be 6061 Alum. I could make that part for $150 + Material. Steel will cost you more.

chrisholt

quote for gauge mount

I'd be happy to make this for you. Looking at $310 including material. You pay shipping. Thanks for the opportunity.

irtaza

machined part for guage mount

hi,
I can do this (1 piece) for $120 including material (aluminum), you pay the actual shipping.
thanks for consideration.
leave message(450)686-7522

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.