RFQ for potential part

Status
Not open for further replies.

dammachines

Hi,

I bought myself a Tormach CNC mill and Dynamechtronics CNC lathe thinking I could do my own parts, but I'm slowly realizing that I should stick to designing (and maybe prototyping) the parts and let someone else handle the production.

I apologize for the poor dimensioning. I know how to use AutoCad, but never learned the proper way to dimension a part...:rolleyes: These are the drawings I use for generating the gcode from my CAM software so you should be able to work from them. I have included a picture of each of the parts (though the chain ring drawing has been updated since.)

I've also included a picture of another part I will be interested in soon - it's a combined turning/milling job for a small 9 tooth aluminum chain sprocket chain is .25 pitch for these parts.

Sprocket Hub -
Material: .125" thick 6061 aluminum - you supply
Qty: please quote 50 and 100

Chain Ring -
Material: .10" thick 7075 aluminum - you supply

Looking for a 4 week turn around time if possible.

If I'm able to work with the pricing on these parts I have a few others that I will need now and several others that are close to being ready.

I used a local shop for another larger part (my prototype part -> http://www.dammachines.com/gallery.php?id=28) and I was very unhappy with the results. 50 pieces at $30 each and about 1/3 of them are unusable without some rework on my part. I'll probably sell them at a discount as the bearing recesses are not the same depth on both sides so shim washers are necessary. I should have complained, but they were a big shop and I know my little job meant nothing to them...

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• Sprocket_Hub_060302_Dims.dxf
    31.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Chain_Ring_31_OUT.dxf
    45.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Sprocket_and_Hub.jpg
    Sprocket_and_Hub.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Front_Sprocket.jpg
    Front_Sprocket.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 121
Dave
I may be able to help you out with your parts. I am loaded up with work for a couple of days and unable to set down and qoute this right now.
Get back to me with a phone number and I'll give you a call to talk over what you need.

Thanks.
Brian

Last edited:

CNC-AL

Parts quote

Hi,

I bought myself a Tormach CNC mill and Dynamechtronics CNC lathe thinking I could do my own parts, but I'm slowly realizing that I should stick to designing (and maybe prototyping) the parts and let someone else handle the production.

I apologize for the poor dimensioning. I know how to use AutoCad, but never learned the proper way to dimension a part...:rolleyes: These are the drawings I use for generating the gcode from my CAM software so you should be able to work from them. I have included a picture of each of the parts (though the chain ring drawing has been updated since.)

I've also included a picture of another part I will be interested in soon - it's a combined turning/milling job for a small 9 tooth aluminum chain sprocket chain is .25 pitch for these parts.

Sprocket Hub -
Material: .125" thick 6061 aluminum - you supply

Chain Ring -
Material: .10" thick 7075 aluminum - you supply

Looking for a 4 week turn around time if possible.

If I'm able to work with the pricing on these parts I have a few others that I will need now and several others that are close to being ready.

I used a local shop for another larger part (my prototype part -> http://www.dammachines.com/gallery.php?id=28) and I was very unhappy with the results. 50 pieces at $30 each and about 1/3 of them are unusable without some rework on my part. I'll probably sell them at a discount as the bearing recesses are not the same depth on both sides so shim washers are necessary. I should have complained, but they were a big shop and I know my little job meant nothing to them...

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave, I could do the job for around $750.00 for 50 sprockets
and $600.00 for 50 hubs,
This price includes material, all fixturing, machining of parts and delivery to your door.

For quantities of 100 pcs. just double amount and subtract 10%
turn around could be about 2 weeks after I recieve material for the 50.

Thanks,

Al Kuzilla (A.K. Machining L.L.C.)
akmachining@gmail.com

dammachines

Job awarded...

I'm sorry for not posting this earlier - been on travel for the past week. I'd like to thank everyone who submitted quotes.

I think I've found the ideal match for both my parts, and my project as a whole. Looking forward to having samples to inspect later this week!!!

Thanks,
Dave

China machining guy

China Precision Alliance
Dear Mr Dave

I am from China .I am interesting in your potential part .I can make them use wire EDM at low price.

$500.00 for 50 sprockets
and $400.00 for 50 hubs,
This price includes material, and delivery to your door.

If you have any question,don't hesitate to contact me at meizhoulsr@google.com

I am looking forward to your order.

Yours Sincerely
Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.