RFQ: slice 4" x 1.5" x 24" bar into smaller bars (also posted in laser/WJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriqq

I have a 4" x 1.5" x 24" bar of hot-rolled W2 tool steel.

I want it sliced into smaller bars that will be straightened and blanchard ground to a final size of 0.188 x 1.5 x 24"

If you can grind them to final size, quote that separately.

Cut quality, taper, and distortion are not issues.
I realize the bars are going to curl drastically as they are cut off. I don't care how you slice it - waterjet, saw, etc. Laser, torch, and plasma are not options as far as I understand. If by waterjet, plan on setting the feedrate as fast as reasonable.

Again, the final size will be 0.188, so plan on cutting the bars to 0.200" at the smallest point (I'm assuming there will be a taper). Obviously you'll have to increase the bar width if your cutting method is creating pits and depressions that go deeper than the final dimension. That being said, I realize that total part yield will have to be determined by you.

Also, if you want to cut the entire block down to 4" x 1.5" x 12", and then slice them into bars, I am open to that, but I would prefer 24" bars.

Due date is flexible. Return shipping via my UPS account. I will not pay in advance. If you email detailed photos of the finished bars, I will pay prior to shipping.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.