RFQ: Threaded Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmdude

We are in need of an intial order amount of 100 threaded posts. The material is 1 1/2" dia hot or cold rolled steel. Threads are 1 1/4" - 7 and the end of the stud has a taper to make it easier to thread in to a tapped hole. After the intial order we would need these in qty of 100-200 approx every month. It would be nice to get these within 1-2 weeks from ordering. Payment via Paypal, credit card, or open invoicing would work best. A quote with you supplying the material would be appreciated. We will close this quote on July 27th. Please PM, email or call with your bid or questions. Thanks! Nathan @ PIK Manufacturing

email address is cheapbrackets@yahoo.com
phone is 320-251-2222

Attachments

• threadedstudnew3d.jpg
    threadedstudnew3d.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 73
  • threadedstudnewdim.jpg
    threadedstudnewdim.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 72

AMW

Hello Nathan, how much of a "Lead Chamfer" would you prefer @ the start of the Thread?
> The height of this thread (( 1 1/4 - 7 )) is .0876." Would 3/16" Lead Chamfer be acceptable to you?
>> Please advise!

Please email us @ applied.machineworks@yahoo.com

Regards
Al

dsmdude

We are closing this RFQ for the time being. We have run in to some problems with the design and manufacture of the product this part was intended for. The reciving end of the threaded stud was supposed to be a 1 1/4" threaded inside DOM tube that we were going to tap on our manual lathe. Having never taped anything that large we did not realize that it wouldn't be a simple operation to say the least. I'm not sure the product would be cost effecient if we farmed out both the stud and taping of the tube. We are working on a redesign and exploring other options for the time being. We may still do the project but are putting it on hold for now. Thanks to all who submited a quote for their time, I really wish this would have worked out as planed.

MRZ-Perf

CNC Machine Shop
Depending on the size and design of the tube, it may not cost that mutch to have the inside thread done on a CNC lathe since this is done pretty fast...

Let us know when you have this project running back again ;)

Thanks for the update! (I was about to submit a quote when I saw your last post :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.