Request For Quote- SERIOUS long-term vendor wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

dt3357

Comp-Ad Sales, Inc.

My company is in Michigan If logistics is not a problem we would like the opportunity take a look at what you have to quote.

Dave (COMP-AD)

toolspec

Tool Specialties Company
Working Together

Dear Sir,
My name is Jerry Kennedy. I am the sales engineer with Tool Specialties Company. We are located in St. Louis, MO. We have been in business since 1947. We are a full service Tool & Die shop with complete machining capabilities. We have and do provide quality machining along with our capabilities to produce tooling.
As you must know a company does not stay in business as long as we have by cheesy business practices.
We are ISO 9001:2008 certified. We do provide quality products at a reasonable cost. Yes if the job comes in less than quoted we do believe in giving back the excess.
I have read your post. I applaud you for your direct approach to what seems to be a growing problem that has been getting worse every year.
We to as a vendor have run into the same situation with other customers. They too have gotten a belly full of the shops who have their heads stuck in the clouds or somewhere else for one reason or another.
We would very much like to discuss the opportunity to do business with your company.
If everything you have said in your post is true and we have no reason to believe that it isn't we will both enjoy a long and prosperous relationship.
I have listed my contact information including our web address for you to review. Please feel free to contact me to discuss our capabilities further.

Sincerely,

Jerry Kennedy
Tool Specialties Company
128 Ford Lane
Hazelwood, MO 63042
Ph: 314-731-3270 / Fax: 314-731-5259
jerry@toolspecialties.com
www.toolspecialties.com

Here's the way I read this.
If you want to do business with the OP you had better be on your toes. You better be among the best in your field and do what you promise. It appears that there is little room for error.
I would suspect that any errors are not tolerated, even things that are beyond your control.
I wouldn't want to work with them because working on the relationship would be more work than generating the parts.
They/he are probably looking for a "serious vendor" because no one has been able to meet their standard yet and never will.

I do like how the OP is up front about everything. I like the clear and concise standard. I like that the standard is clearly defined and you know up front what success is and what failure is.

Dave W

Wilt Wire & Fab
Hello,

I read through your info and am interested in talking with you. My shop is located in midwest Iowa. I have cnc and manual equipment. If you would like to talk further let me know.

Thanks

Dave

eaglegage

Waste of time

I hate that I wasted my time reading that extremely long b*tchfest. I've met these kinds in the past, and have shipped parts with no payments ever to come.

Call me crazy, but I NEVER give net 30 day terms to unverified companies anymore.

Hobbymachine, that definitely was not a hostile post on your part. He seemed way to defensive which makes me hesitant as well.

mc-motorsports

Was there a red flag that wasn't thrown?

Ask for a D&B number and pull his credit report if he wants NET 30 without established business. I won't give NET 30 to anyone that hasn't established business or I can't knock on their door if they don't pay the bill.

From what I read, the OP just doesn't want to pay anything. Hence the reason he can't keep suppliers.

PM Engineering

Thanks for all your responses, a few of you guys sound like a good fit and I look forward to it. A few of you seriously need to get a life!

Dualkit

I must be old, stupid and don't know how to search because a google search for a PM engineering in So. Cal does not produce anything.....

It is possible to be a legitimate business and not turn up in google searches.
I had one that would not show up when googled. We sold direct to a manufacturing base, and that customer base was built through cold calling.
We didn't advertise or have a website. We did have a business license, and ran the required fictitious statements in a newspaper. Still something seems off here. It almost seems hobbymachine struck a nerve, the way PM Engineering flew off the handle over a comment that was not directed at him seems strange.

It is possible to be a legitimate business and not turn up in google searches.
I had one that would not show up when googled. We sold direct to a manufacturing base, and that customer base was built through cold calling.
We didn't advertise or have a website. We did have a business license, and ran the required fictitious statements in a newspaper. Still something seems off here. It almost seems hobbymachine struck a nerve, the way PM Engineering flew off the handle over a comment that was not directed at him seems strange.
Yes, did not feel hobbymachine deserved the bashing at all. The google search should at least return the phone number that is assuming they have a business line not a prepaid cell phone!!! The truth can be mighty painfull at times.
When you have "balls" you don't need to hide behind the internet, many of us clearly state our business phone and city.

The other issue might be that since the site traffic is extremely low the forum owners are "trolling". This will keep the traffic high and the potential for paid clicks high. I did hear a nasty rumor that if true will make me permantly leave this forum and that is the person behind MFG quote owns this site? Does any one really know who owns it?

mc-motorsports

Mitch Free owns MFG Quote. If he owned RFQ Work, he would be advertising the BILLIONS of dollars worth of contracts awarded every day. :)

As far as I know, RFQ is the same owner as CNC Zone, and he's legit.

Mitch Free owns MFG Quote. If he owned RFQ Work, he would be advertising the BILLIONS of dollars worth of contracts awarded every day. :)

As far as I know, RFQ is the same owner as CNC Zone, and he's legit.
Thank you very much, you stopped the rumor mill. One of my employees mentioned it and he heard it on a another forum.

Dualkit

Billions of dollars? MFG is getting close, their bogus graph hit almost 500 million around Thanksgiving, funny how as the economy tanks their outrageous claims get more ridiculous. I have been self employed for more than ten years and Nov-Dec are the slowest months of the year, but at MFG.Com they have become the biggest.

Billions of dollars? MFG is getting close, their bogus graph hit almost 500 million around Thanksgiving, funny how as the economy tanks their outrageous claims get more ridiculous. I have been self employed for more than ten years and Nov-Dec are the slowest months of the year, but at MFG.Com they have become the biggest.

Sad part is they are doing the same thing as alot of senators!

jnnewton

Although this may be true for some, ours is the opposite, Nov / Dec are the busiest, people trying to use up budgets I think, just my 2c....

Status
Not open for further replies.