Request For Quote- Slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kam Inc.

Need quotes for attached plastic part. We will need batches of 50, 100, 500, and 1000 parts. All orders will be split for left and right parts, (mirror image). For instance 50 part order will be for 25 left and 25 right.

Material is reprocessed HDPE black. It can be either smooth or textured. If you don't have a supplier close by that can extrude .75 thick sheets, I can supply material.

Not all dimensions are on the print, only enough to give the idea of tolerances required.

Machining consists of 2 "T" slots, 1 large and 1 small. One short 1/4" slot which goes all the way through the part. Two 1/2" radial slots that intersect both "T" slots. Blank parts can be cut by table saw, edges can be left with saw cut finish.

Position tolerance for features will be plus/minus .010. Size of the slots have to be held to plus/minus .005

Rfq. will close in one week approx.

We will require sample parts before production runs, and will pay a fair and reasonable price. I can post cad/cam files for your mill to save programming time if you should so desire.

Thanks,
Kam Inc.

Attachments

• slide.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 270

wireman_2

Intra-Cut Tool LLC
Need quotes for attached plastic part. We will need batches of 50, 100, 500, and 1000 parts. All orders will be split for left and right parts, (mirror image). For instance 50 part order will be for 25 left and 25 right.

Material is reprocessed HDPE black. It can be either smooth or textured. If you don't have a supplier close by that can extrude .75 thick sheets, I can supply material.

Not all dimensions are on the print, only enough to give the idea of tolerances required.

Machining consists of 2 "T" slots, 1 large and 1 small. One short 1/4" slot which goes all the way through the part. Two 1/2" radial slots that intersect both "T" slots. Blank parts can be cut by table saw, edges can be left with saw cut finish.

Position tolerance for features will be plus/minus .010. Size of the slots have to be held to plus/minus .005

We will require sample parts before production runs, and will pay a fair and reasonable price. I can post cad/cam files for your mill to save programming time if you should so desire.

Thanks,
Kam Inc.

Hello,

After speaking to my local suppliers I was informed that the tolerance on 3/4 thick HDPE was plus or minus 10% stock thickness (.675 - .825).

I was not sure if you would prefer a 1" thickness machined down to 3/4.

I have quoted two estimates for you depending on which option you prefer.

3/4 stock thickness - $12.50 per piece
1" machined down to 3/4 - $17.00 per piece

Thanks,
Larry Mundhenke
Intra-Cut Tool LLC
286 Haymarket Dr.
Holland,MI 49423

616-494-0767
www.wire-edm-it.com

Brockent

We have 1" UHMW leftover from another job that we need to get rid of. Would this be a possibility. I will quote either way, but this might be able to help both of us out. Thanks Ryan

Kam Inc.

slide material

Hello,

After speaking to my local suppliers I was informed that the tolerance on 3/4 thick HDPE was plus or minus 10% stock thickness (.675 - .825).

Thanks,
Larry Mundhenke
Intra-Cut Tool LLC
286 Haymarket Dr.
Holland,MI 49423

616-494-0767
www.wire-edm-it.com

I will post answers to a few repeat questions I have been getting.
The reprocessed material is recycled HDPE. Extruded in sheet form for this part. Very easy to machine with sharp HSS tooling. Standard "T" slot cutters will work on this part. It will be necessary to use coolant.
Stock thickness is acceptable, whatever that is, I have only seen it vary about .040 from my local supplier, so if it is under .700, we may have issues. My local supplier extrudes their own sheets, so they may hold better tolerances than standard. My advise would be to have your supplier verify the sheet thickness before shipment. Beware, sheets vary from within themselves.
Feature position will be held from the bottom of the part where it will rest during milling.

I would rather keep this work in the US, I think shipping would be cost prohibitive to source outside US.

We currently machine this part but our old mill is stretched for capacity.

Thanks,
Denis Knobloch
Kam Inc.

Kam Inc.

We have 1" UHMW leftover from another job that we need to get rid of. Would this be a possibility. I will quote either way, but this might be able to help both of us out. Thanks Ryan

Sure, quote with the 1" material, it will have to be milled or planed to thickness. I use a regular wood planer.

justice25

Ultimate Tool & Die Inc.
Hello,

Thanks,
Larry Mundhenke
Intra-Cut Tool LLC
286 Haymarket Dr.
Holland,MI 49423

616-494-0767
www.wire-edm-it.com

Please stop posting prices, pm your quotes!!!

Brockent

Sure, quote with the 1" material, it will have to be milled or planed to thickness. I use a regular wood planer.

I checked and we only have green and orange........Kinda some odd colors but that is all the shop uses we cut the last stuff for. If that will work I will quote that way if not I will quote with specified material. Thanks

CustomMachining

Quote From Custom Machining

Custom machining woud love to quote this please send me an email so I can send you a pdf quote on Monday when our engineering manager gets in.

Thanks
Blake Deatherage
blake@custommachiningservice.com
949-241-7653

Thanks,
Kam Inc.

Kam Inc.

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who took the time to quote this part, I quote work all the time and understand the time and effort it takes. Not to mention it is non-billable time.
Here are some stats as it seems everyone is interested in where you measure up. These stats are averages.
I received a total of 12 quotes, 3 without material, 9 with.

Without material: 50 pcs $22.5
With material: 50 pcs $28.00

It became obvious as I compiled data, that material prices varied the most, where labor costs seemed closer.

I will not select a supplier until sample parts can be evaluated. Keep in mind I am a "quality" buyer so price is not my first concern.
I will make direct phone contact with those of you who submitted quotes to work out the details for sample parts.

As of today, the RFQ is closed.

Again, thanks
Denis Knobloch
Kam Inc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.