Quick Quote Needed Small Billet aluminum part

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebird_ta79

Hi I would like to get a quote on having a part cnc milled from billet aluminium.Its approx size is 4x4x1.5 deep the center hole is 32mm, I'm trying to get the cad file for the part . I'll attach the pics for a ballpark quote. I have been buying these 10 at a time but I would be open to larger quantities at the right price
thanks
Shaun

Attachments

• 20150107_081022.jpg
    20150107_081022.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 20150107_081227.jpg
    20150107_081227.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 20150107_081432.jpg
    20150107_081432.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 90

rcamachine

Hi Shaun, We made a very similar part for an aerospace customer. Could you email my the cad file, and what are you looking for 6061?

rca@rcamachine.com

We would be more then interested to talk about making the housing, if you could let me know your price on the 10 to see if were in the ballpark. That helps alot.

VJEggenberger

This looks like a nice part to run on our turning centers with live tools. Please send a drawing or CAD file (3D: IGES, STEP, etc; 2D: DWG, DXF, etc). Please contact me at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Victor J. Eggenberger
President
EGGENBERGER AUTOMATION LLC
1826 Naser Road
North Versailles, PA 15137
Phone: 412-829-9237
www.eggenberger.us

firebird_ta79

Hi I just talked to the shop that was making my parts . The guy I spoke to told me that that the file format they use would only work on same brand of mill they use . What file formats do you need?

thanks

Shaun

VJEggenberger

If you do not have a drawing we can reverse engineer the part in Pro/E or SolidWorks and then you would have a controlled drawing. We are an engineering company as well as a machine shop.

Shaun, we researched and found you are just an individual (not a business ) looking for this part for the front diff on your Polaris ATV. No legitimate shop will be able to make it for less than you can buy it from Polaris unless you buy it in large quantities. Does it break that often? What quantity are you willing to buy?

Every machine shop will need a drawing/CAD file to work from. We would need more specifics before we spend time quoting. Our recommendation is just buy a new one. You could probably buy several new ones for the price of a prototype from a machine shop. We saw you got a quote for a new part for $225. A prototype will run much more than that. If you are willing to pay more, please email dennis@efsenterprises.com

Status
Not open for further replies.