Request For Quote- Small cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred_02

Attached is a design for a cylinder. Initially I would like 2 prototypes. And I would be placing future orders for a quantity of 25. Please quote a price for both 2 & 25 units.

I am open to design changes that would improve the machinability.

The cylinder can be made out of either 6061 T6 aluminum or ductile iron. However if it is made of aluminum it must be sleeved with ductile iron. Please indicate in your quote which method you will be using.

The tolerances of the bore and the location of the holes are critical. However aside from the top and bottom needing to be flat the rest of the surfaces are very lenient.

I can provide a 3d model of the part made in solidwoks.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Steve

Attachments

• second-stage-cylinder.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 144

phred_02

Can the bottom flange be a bolt on. It would sure be easier. Mike.

When you say bottom flange are you referring to the 2mm boss for the gasket seal, or are you referring to the entire bottom flange?

If you are talking about the 2mm boss, I suppose it could be bolt on for the two prototypes, but I would want it machined in the production parts as it would reduce the number of seals that could fail.

kp1256

Ken Peterson
Quote from Elite Tool and Wire

North Shore Compressor & Machine

We will machine 6061 AL with a .125 wall Dura bar liner, with a ground fininsh on ID with a Tol of +.0004 -.0000 and a 16 finish.

Is a .125 wall thickness ok?

Ken Peterson
Elite Tool and Wire
p 815-874-5602
f 815-874-5436
kpeterson@elitetooledm.com

Attached is our quote:

Attachments

• 070808-01 2 and 25 heads.doc
    182 KB · Views: 48

Niceland Mfg

Hello Steve,

I studied your drawing just now and I suggest you utilizing ductile iron instead of 6061 T6 Aluminum because of lower manufacturing cost. I will send my quotation soon later based on ductile iron for your reference.

Thanks and regards,

Wayne Lee
Manager of Int'l Dept.

Yongkang Niceland Industrial & Trade Co., Ltd.
Henan Industrial Zone, Dongcheng
City of Yongkang, Zhejiang
China 321300
Telephone: + 86 (0) 579 87220011
Facsimile: + 86 (0) 579 87220411
Email: support@niceland.cn
www.niceland.cn

Status
Not open for further replies.