Status
Not open for further replies.

rodjava

Request for Quote

Opening date: March 3, 2008
Closing date: March 10, 2008

Material: Delrin Acetal Rod, Black Color, 1" Diameter

Material supplier: Shop

Quantity Quote for: 100/250/500/1000/2000+ including delivery to San Francisco, CA 94134. Please quote for all requested quantities.

Delivery: 3 inspection pieces due 7 days (flexible) after acceptance. I will pay for overnight postage for all inspection pieces. Estimated initial order of 250 pieces due within 14 days (flexible) after acceptance.

Projected reorder: Estimate 100-500 per month.

Machining requirements: Parts to be free from burrs dirt and oil. Except for ¼ -20 thread, tolerances are not critical.

Design notes: Please note that ¼ -20 thread is a blind bottom thread. (Not indicated on drawing)

Aluminium and Titanium are optional materials for separate a quote. This job seems suitable for a cnc lathe.

Autocad files available on request.

Email: rodneyjava at yahoo dot com

Address: Rodney Java
114 Arleta Ave
San Francisco, CA 94134

Phone: 415 350-5282

Attachments

• 1kc2_Part-Layout1.pdf
    78.5 KB · Views: 120

Chuck L

possible deburr issue with thread break-out on the bottom surface near the .528 hole diameter. your model is drawn with the minor thread dia. the tap will break out the bottom as it enters the cross hole.
is that a problem?

rodjava

Chuck,
The blind hole is critical. By design, only 3-4 threads is required, then we expoxy the 1/4-20 threaded rod. I currently produce the prototypes with a flat bottom tap.
Rod

Chuck L

sorry for the miss understanding, the surface model shows the hole going thru to the cross bore. do you have an acad file showing actual tolerancing drill depth and tap depth?

rodjava

Chuck,
I emailed the cad files to you.

Please note the statement in my original RQF
"Design notes: Please note that ¼ -20 thread is a blind bottom thread. (Not indicated on drawing)
Unqote

Revised Cad drawing showing exact tolerances won't be available until 6:00 PM PST.

I will email the revised cad files when it's available.

Rod

rodjava

Design and Acad file revision. Please note before bidding

My engineer spotted a problem with the design shown on all original Acad files.

Most noteably, the .53 hole should be drilled at a 18 degree angle. Also the location of the
1/4-20 tap hole will be moved accordingly.

Please use all the original cad files for general reference only.

Complete and revised Acad files will be available at 600 PM PST

Regards,

Rod Java
415 350-5282

Status
Not open for further replies.