small vise project, and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryP

I posted the vise screw jpg in the turning forum area.
25, 50 pcs initially.
For the rest of the vise, I will do the anodizing & assembly unless you can get that done reasonably. No specific date at this time but I do need to know lead times. All other vise parts are aluminum, I can't upload as the file is too big (over 700 k). Please email me for the prints. We are a small company looking to get set up with a good all around machine shop or two for our machining needs. Everything we do is machining of some sorts. We are Tool & Die Makers by trade.This vise is the most complex thing we have attempted, it is not our design. We have some other (patented) items that are being reviewed by potential wholesalers now and will need quotes and lead times on those as well.
Also, would like a few (1 maybe 2 samples) before ordering more, just to be sure.
Thanks,
Larry
Where was this site a year ago???

Last edited:

lion149

LarryP said:
25 pcs initially. I will do the anodizing. No specific date at this time but need to know lead times. All parts are aluminum, I can't upload as the file is too big (over 700 k) email me for the prints.
Also, would like a few (2-3 samples) before ordering more, just to be sure.
Thanks,
Larry
please send prints for quotes to:L.A.Machine and Tool,5225 Beulah Rd.,Madisonville,Ky.42431. thank you

F&F

LarryP

I would be interested in quoting parts for you. Please send me drawings for the parts you need milled or turned along with quantities to Devin Fry at info@ffmachineworks.com. Thanks!

Devin Fry
F&F Machine Works
Stevens, Pa

lion149

prints

recieved prints,if you furnish all material, except for the screw,we will provde finished vises at $110.00 each. thank you

LarryP

lion149 said:
recieved prints,if you furnish all material, except for the screw,we will provde finished vises at $110.00 each. thank you
I need more info re: assembly, anodizing & you will need to supply mat'l, Thanks LarryP
my email is pelottel@yahoo.com

Last edited:

LarryP

Hey guys! I am going to have to close this RFQ at the end of the week (Sat. nite April 8th 2006) and then make a decision.
Please get everything in by then. If you cannot please let me know as soon as possible and we will try to work something out.
Thanks for the overwhelming response,
Larry

Last edited:

LarryP

LarryP said:
25, 50 pcs initially.
For the rest of the vise, I will do the anodizing & assembly unless you can get that done reasonably. No specific date at this time but I do need to know lead times. All other vise parts are aluminum, I can't upload as the file is too big (over 700 k). Please email me for the prints. We are a small company looking to get set up with a good all around machine shop or two for our machining needs. Everything we do is machining of some sorts. We are Tool & Die Makers by trade.This vise is the most complex thing we have attempted, it is not our design. We have some other (patented) items that are being reviewed by potential wholesalers now and will need quotes and lead times on those as well.
Also, would like a few (1 maybe 2 samples) before ordering more, just to be sure.
Thanks,
Larry
Well, it is that time and it does need to close. Please email me any updates as to any quotes being prepared or otherwise.
I would like to have all quotes in as soon as possible, I do have someone waiting for a reply.
Thanks to all who have participated thus far and look forward to contacting someone in the very near future for a final determination.
LarryP

Status
Not open for further replies.