Request For Quote- Stainless parts to be turned and milled -4 PN only, 500ct

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper

These parts are from 17-4PH with H-900 HT. Material dim is 5/16 round rod. The OD of the pins do not need turned. They are accepted as extruded. Please also see the passivate and dry film lube to be added. Please note that there is a slot to be added that is not on the print that is an open slot extending in 1.20" from the square end of the part. The slot is centered on the part and normal to the drill hole. Slot is .125 wide with a full rad. The centerline and end are represented on the drawing.

Please refer to the -2 for drill hole info.

We would like to quote 500 of these.

We will run this quote for 1 week. Please PM your quotes along with your business and contact info for our consideration. A 3D model will be provided to the winning bidder along with our revised drawing.

This part is open only to USA companies. We will not be outsourcing this part outside the USA.

Thanks

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Dualkit

Is that a turned 15 degrees on the end, and how much flat is allowable on the tip? If dead sharp it will easily be damaged in handling. How deep and long is the slot that isn't on the print?

viper

The tip of the part is radiused so should not come to a point if I understand your questions right. The 15* angle and rad are 360* around the part so you will just turn the nose on to the part.

The slot is 1.20" deep from the back of the part. We typically put that slot in with a 1/8" EM. It goes all the way through the part or 5/16 deep, and is normal to the drill hole.

EDIT: upon looking at the print, you are looking at the -2. We are only requesting quote for the -4, but the drill hold specifications are the same. That is why I referenced the -2 for hole specs. 2 separate parts there, -4, and -2

viper

I would like to note that all processes ( material, heat treat, passivate, and dry film lube) must be certified and be accompanied with certs with delivery. If your shop is certified to do this work, that will be very helpful for you.

Last edited:

Dualkit

On the heat treat certification, do you need 100% inspection for hardness? Or just a statement of the process used? 100% inspection will add $200 to the heat treat charges.

viper

On the heat treat certification, do you need 100% inspection for hardness? Or just a statement of the process used? 100% inspection will add $200 to the heat treat charges.

The heat treat would require treatment and inspection per MIL-H-6875. I believe that is 100% inspection of each bar. I WILL tell you that most HT cos do NOT do that even though they charge for it. WE have caught that several times here. If you run spindle length bars, that would be 1 dimple per bar.

Dualkit

The heat treat would require treatment and inspection per MIL-H-6875. I believe that is 100% inspection of each bar. I WILL tell you that most HT cos do NOT do that even though they charge for it. WE have caught that several times here. If you run spindle length bars, that would be 1 dimple per bar.

On a guess I don't think it would be in the best interest of tool life to run from heat treated stock. So the cheapest way to satisfy the certification would be to save the bar ends and have them heat treated and tested, that would probably only cost another $20 or so instead of $200. I am still hunting around for a certified film lubricator, called 3 plating shops and no luck, I didn't think that would be so difficult.

viper

You are worrying me a bit. You may want to read the HT spec. It calls for HT before machining. It is very machinable..We do it every day.

Dualkit

Sorry, I usually assume heat treating is to increase the Rockwell\Brinell hardness
of the material, so now I assume Mil-H-6875 is a stress relief process. I couldn't find any data on that mil spec, but the heat treat company I use does.

Metalmanti

Dualkit
17-4PH in the H900 condition is going to be in the RC 44 range. I would have to agree with Viper it does machine very nice, not as nice as H1150 but not bad.. It is virtually impossible to find the 17-4PH in the H900 condition. We generally have to buy the condition A and heat treat it in our vacuum furnace. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.