Request For Quote- Three simple milled parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

themachineshop

I do not mind not be able to compete with people who have lower overhead as long as they are operating in a legal and moral manner. There are obviously guys on here that lower their overhead by theft, those are the ones I resent.
I personally met a guy who used to bid on internet forums that had more money in perishable tooling that he had in equipment. A guy with one mill, a lathe and a bandsaw, and $20,000 of perishable tooling obviously "borrows" heavily from his day job. Anything that has a high perishable tooling cost associated with a job will not be won by an honest operator. I no bid those, another no bid is a high material cost, low quantity, simple parts. If the part is a few dozen holes in a $150 piece of tooling plate, don't waste your time. A $150 tooling plate will walk off somewhere. Actual case, a tooling plate job went for $125 on another site, the material cost $150. In closing I have no problem getting under bid by a guy who rents a garage and sleeps in it as long as he BUYS his materials and tooling, I do not like competing against thieves and there are a lot of them out there.

I agree with you 100%!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.