Request For Quote- Transfer Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCBuilder

I build custom RC trucks. I need a quote for a transfer case to be CNC milled in 6061 aluminium and two shafts in steel or Ti. It's very small, 48mm x 29mm x 25mm. There is some M2 and M3 tapping required also. The tolerance I require is +/- 0.01mm.

CAD file attached is in AutoCAD 2004 dxf format. The CAD is full 3D. Can provide CAD in other AutoCAD formats (.dwg, etc...).

Attachments

• TransferCase4WD.dxf
    426.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

besc

Dear RC Builder. There are a couple of things on your transfer case cover that need to be addressed. The web intersecting radiuses are different which makes it difficult to machine. In fact the base of your web has two differnt connecting radiuses. Your CAD system probably imports STEP files. If so let me know and we can go from there. Thanks. Mike.

Last edited:

besc

On the bottom of the main body of the transfer case. Can the 5 holes be rotated a few degrees so that thay are out of the way of the 6 hole cylinder. The way they are now would mean using a very small mill to go between them. It seems that this would not change the function of the part but if so then so be it. Mike.

RCBuilder

On the bottom of the main body of the transfer case. Can the 5 holes be rotated a few degrees so that thay are out of the way of the 6 hole cylinder. The way they are now would mean using a very small mill to go between them. It seems that this would not change the function of the part but if so then so be it. Mike.

Yes thats fine, they can be rotated. They are just there to simulate a scale appearance of having bolts.

Dear RC Builder. There are a couple of things on your transfer case cover that need to be addressed. The web intersecting radiuses are different which makes it difficult to machine. In fact the base of your web has two differnt connecting radiuses. Your CAD system probably imports STEP files. If so let me know and we can go from there. Thanks. Mike.

Yes I think I used 0.5mm and 1mm radiuses. I will see if I can change them to be the same.

I am using AutoCAD 2004 so will check what format I can output the file in. Please can you PM me your email address and I will send the file in different formats later.

Thanks

jecnc

jecnc
I am in the process of building some rc parts now. I am working on a dirt track latemodel, and about to complete my first prototype quick change rearend.

Your project would be interesting to me. Could you please save the file in an older format? It is not letting me view it for some reason.

Thanks,

Duane Jennings
Jennings Enterprises, LLC

RCBuilder

I am in the process of building some rc parts now. I am working on a dirt track latemodel, and about to complete my first prototype quick change rearend.

Your project would be interesting to me. Could you please save the file in an older format? It is not letting me view it for some reason.

Thanks,

Duane Jennings
Jennings Enterprises, LLC

Sound like you have in interesting project too.

I will post the file in an older format later when I get home from work.

The transfer case is one small piece of a build I have in mind. I build custom RC trucks like this:

PICT0212.jpg

I have a few designs that made it to market too, here are some examples:

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=858
http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=60&products_id=809

Katan

Chuck L

I made some billet axles for a guy, havent been payed yet for them,
your T case looks rather simple, let me know if no one bites, I can build them for you but I'm not wasting time. Machine time i'snt cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.