Large Job Quote Needed 1 of 40 part numbers Q=300-3000yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTS MOTO

RFQ Now CLOSED

Thank you to everyone who contacted me and for taking the time to review and quote this job. I spent most of the day yesterday removing the Kollah.B virus from my computer. It looks like I got it from one of the many emails I received from this job. So I hope that person dies a slow painful death.

I have decided to award the majority of the job to a local shop that contacted me through this site. One of the major reasons I picked this shop is that he is right down the road and I was able to go see his shop and see how he runs things. He also has his shop set up with horizontal machines with huge tool magazines and will be able to dedicate tools and fixtures to our parts allowing him to set up for our jobs in less than 30 minutes. He will also be able to make our parts in two operations and produce ten per cycle allowing the price to be more competitive than most quotes. We are planning to write a blanket purchase order for the annual amount per part with delivery schedules.

The prices that we received had a very large range from $5.00 a part to $55 a part. Price was obviously a key part for us, but we were mostly concerned with a shop that would be able to consistently provide us with parts that were up to our standards. The majority of the established shops were quoting $16 to $25.
Over the few next week or so I will be contacting some of the some of the shops to see if we can build a relationship with some of our part numbers.

Thank you for your time.

Dualkit

Thanks for the feedback! It is very much appreciated CTS Moto, congrats to the shop you selected, hope all works well for both of you.

j.leos

Hi Tim
We are a small machine shop that have helped big componies with there high production parts in the past. The company we did work for was in the dental bissness so we manufactured big quantaties for them but they went under, so we have time in out machines for other companies. Hope we can estables a workable relationship with your comapanie we have several cnc lathes and mills.Thanks for considering us,
Jose Leos
Micro Dynamics Machining
3827 Baldwin
Corpus Christi Tx
361-854-5240

BTF Racing Inc

I spent most of the day yesterday removing the Kollah.B virus from my computer. It looks like I got it from one of the many emails I received from this job. So I hope that person dies a slow painful death.
Thank you for your time.

$20 says it was a sales rep from mfg.com!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.