6061 Milling work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.Planet

1) 6061 Alu
2) Material Supplied by you
3) 2 for prototype up to 10 more in the near future
4) Check drawings for specs. Tolerances are +-.001in Any questions email me. This does need to be 1 solid piece
5) 4 weeks
6) 30 days
7) mrjake22@gmail.com
8) The 4 holes need to be tapped with 6-32. The drill should go down .48 in so it doesn't go into the large hole. The tap can do down .3in or further.
9) The finish on the 1.74 x 1.74 extrusion needs to be flat to .0001in and free of any gouges or nicks. The better the quality on this particular spot the better. However this is the most important spot the rest of the outside I would like to be smooth as well. Inside I'm not to worried at the least. The rougher the better.

If you think I left out any measurements I included a link to the solidworks .sldprt file as well thanks.
http://rapidshare.com/files/32456687/gpurev5.SLDPRT

Attachments

• topbottomfront.pdf
    55.2 KB · Views: 103
  • sideview.pdf
    50.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

mnotlyon

You're going to spend a lot of extra money with your tollerances. Are you sure you can't loosen them up a little? The print shows +-.005 for a 3 place decimal.

Cpt.Planet

You're going to spend a lot of extra money with your tollerances. Are you sure you can't loosen them up a little? The print shows +-.005 for a 3 place decimal.
.005 would be ok. I do need that 1.74x1.74 in extrusion super flat with a good finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.