Request For Quote- CNC - Aluminum case

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKay

Hi All

Please bid on an aluminum case approx 22 x 2.5 x 4.75, bored out. Please use lowest cost aluminum. I have an IGES file for evaluation (I can create STL, STP and others). I am just starting the drawing.

A pdf attached will give an idea what it looks like. I am looking for cost for 1 prototype and thereafter 50 piece lots

By the way, this site has been very effective for getting work out there.

Thanks guys.

Jay

Attachments

• Case.pdf
    79.6 KB · Views: 288

Magnolia Machine

well, first off, there's no boring to do on that piece.. you just want it machined ;) boring has to do with holes..

Second, for a good quote, we would need to know what type of finish and tolerances your wanting to hold. You have to take into consideration how thin walled the pc is, and how thick and long it is..

depryor

David Wolfe Design, Inc.
JK,
Ken is correct in stating that the small corner radii will make it expensive to machine. Since you may need up to 50 parts, have you considered casting it?

JayKay

JK,
Ken is correct in stating that the small corner radii will make it expensive to machine. Since you may need up to 50 parts, have you considered casting it?

At this point, no I haven't looked at casting. I need to see if I can machine this versus other techniques. I have already gone one route (sheet metal, multiple pieces). I'm now looking to simplify the design.

Thanks for the suggestion
Jay

kp1256

Ken Peterson
I have done parts licke this b4, it might be better on a one pc to make the sides individuly and weld them.

JayKay

I have done parts licke this b4, it might be better on a one pc to make the sides individuly and weld them.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm a retired (last week!) electrical engineer trying to get some of my own ideas into production. Need to do something in retirement!

Jay

hpmachine

JayKay please e-mail me a solid model or a sketch with some basic dimensions. We run MAZAK machining centers. Some of the fastest in the business.

kp1256

Ken Peterson
JAYKAY, can you send me the solid file. We are doing a set of electrical boxes now similar to these now. I think milling the sides and maybe pinning them and welding together could be the way to go. Ken

kpeterson@elitetooledm.com
815-874-5602

Status
Not open for further replies.